Now the Summer is already here and the temperature is increasing day by day so, let’s get some information about essential things that you should know to keep your skin healthy.
Maintaining skin health is not a big deal if you know about it!!! So we can make some efforts to make it happen and that is important for our skin otherwise many skin problems along with premature ageing, sagging, pigmentation, uneven skin tone and blah blah blah will start hunting you.
So let’s get to know what are those 7 proven tips for glowing skin in summer 🌞😎🏜
Most importantly, drink plenty of water and keep your skin hydrated!!!
Key is, Hydrate !!! Hydrate!!!! Hydrate!!!!
1. Use Sunscreen
Summer is incomplete without sunscreen but many people don’t take it seriously. Not only summer but using sunscreen daily is one of the best skincare routines everyone should follow.
If you use sunscreen daily you can keep many skin problems aside like uneven skin tone, redness, premature ageing etc.
Use sunscreen 20 minutes prior to going out, if required reapply after some hours. Apply sunscreen immediately after swimming or sports activities. With UVA and UVB protection it comes with other properties like moisturization, anti aging, blue light protection and anti pollution etc.
Current hot topic in sunscreens is the blue light protection…
Select broad spectrum sunscreen according to skin type. You can select use sunscreen cream, lotion, serum, oil or spray according to your preferences. Usually we use sunscreen with 15-25 SPF or more.
Try out the best sunscreens:
2. Protect your hand, feet and eyes
Many people just care about their face, not hands and feet. Like your face, always take care of the rest of the body parts too.
- Hands and Feets – Apply sunscreen while going out and make a daily habit of it. Along with the sunscreen also use moisturiser to hydrate your hands and feet, reapply whenever you feel dry. Exfoliate your skin twice a week or at least once a week.Use all the product by considering your skin type.
- Eyes – Sun damage can cause skin problems which includes sagging below the eyes and wrinkles so don’t forget to use eye cream on a daily basis. Use lightweight products may be a lotion, serum or essence.
As I said in the beginning of the article the key to the best skin health is hydration!!!!
Moisturization plays an important role in all seasons and it is applicable to the face as well as body.
As the summer starts temperature increases we start facing many problems like sweating, air conditioning also makes skin dry,dehydration. Increased water loss from our body makes skin dry and dull.
So use sunscreen with moisturization in the day and at night use night moisturiser to hydrate your skin and body.
Whenever you feel dry apply moisturiser which will make your skin moisturized. With these healthy habits you can keep your skin hydrated, glowing and happy!!!
It is one of the essential steps for the glowing skin. Try to exfoliate your face and body at least once in a week. Don’t do harsh exfoliation on the skin it will cause a skin peeling and redness. Gently exfoliate your face and body.
Use the exfoliator which contains biodegradable beads into it or glycolic acid or salicylic acid containing product.
Exfoliation removes all the dead skin and cleanses the pore and makes skin breathable, clear and glowing. Many people don’t exfoliate properly and it leads to skin problems.
The best Exfoliator for you:
5. Use AHA/BHA/Vitamin C
If you are exfoliating your skin,your skin always requires AHA/BHA/antioxidants to boost brightening and smoothing the complexion.
These are few most commonly used ingredients which help to take your daily routine to the next level: Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, and Salicylic Acid etc.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) – Derived from a natural substance like sugar cane, milk, almonds, or grapes. AHAs show their effect on the skin surface. Helps to reduce red acne marks , hyperpigmentation etc.
AHA is also good for dry skin. It’s made up of molecules that love water, and it helps improve the skin’s moisture content.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) – It is best for acne-prone skin .BHA penetrates deeper into the skin and gives the benefits. While AHAs love water, BHAs love oil.
BHAs clear up blackheads, whiteheads, and have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. BHAs also exfoliate the top layer of skin.
- Vitamin C – The serums with the vitamin C is most popular nowadays. There are different concentrations where serums are available, even the creams are other products are also there in the market.
Vitamin C derivatives act in many ways it has skin lightening, spot reduction, anti aging , prevents photoageing , antioxidant etc properties.
Detoxification is the process of removing toxins from the body. We can achieve skin detoxification by cleansing and making it fresh.
Try to use face masks or face packs twice a week and clean your face daily at least twice with a gentle cleanser which will remove all the dirt and dead skin and also clears the pores. Which is an important step to get glowing skin.
Try out these beautiful sheet masks and gentle cleanser
7. Healthy Switch
- Keep your body hydrated – As said earlier drink plenty of water which will keep your skin hydrated. While traveling out, carry a water bottle. Even eat fresh fruits or juice to avoid dehydration.Try to drink coconut water, you will get other benefits of coconut water.
- Avoid sun exposure – Excessive sun exposure can damage your skin and lead to many skin problems .If you’re going out take necessary precautions to avoid sun exposure.
- Cover your face – While going out cover your face with a scarf, use sunglasses and also wear a suncoat which will protect you from sunrays.
- Eat healthy – Matters a lot…so eat healthy food and get glowing skin!!! Try to eat food which keeps you hydrated. Avoid fried and spicy food and overeating also. Add water containing food in your diet.